Friday, November 03, 2006

beantown

So I was home long enough to take a shower and give my boyfriend a blowjob, and then up yesterday morning at dawn to catch a flight to Boston, where I am staying several days with my former college room-mate and future wife, B. I'm kidnapping her from her lab at MIT this weekend and taking her on a three-day yoga and hiking retreat in the Berkshires. According to the literature, the retreat also includes a sauna and "guided partner foot massages." C. got all googly and wistful when I was describing it to him, and again yesterday morning on the drive to the airport.

"You're going to be in a sauna together?"

"Yes, darling."

"Naked?"

"Quite possibly."

"And you're going to give each other foot-rubs?"

"That's my understanding."

Sigh.Pause.

"Do you think you guys will, you know, make out? Cause it would be totally fine with me if you did."

"Yes, honey, I know."

Every boy either of us has dated since we've been friends has been pretty enamored of the idea that we get it on in secret, although this has historically not been the case. We've been close at times, but, so far, no cigar. "Dude, she wants you," C. likes to say. "You should hit it." It's true she likes to come up behind me and wrap her arms around my waist and kiss my neck...maybe it's just a South American thing? They have, like, less personal space or something. Also, she's always trying to get me to sleep in her bed. Fuck. I'm sure I could hit it if I tried. I just think sleeping with your friends is pretty poor policy, even when they're totally hot and good to go.

It's weird being up here. B. is a graduate student at MIT, storing her stuff in an attic in Cambridge and sleeping most nights at her lab on campus. At one point, this was a credible future for yours truly, too. I was supposed to be an engineer or a chemist or something, I forget. But I've been off that track so long, I don't know if I'll ever be back on it. Truth be told, I don't even care that much about advancing the course of human knowledge; I think I just like the lifestyle. Being in school is fun, in it's way. You get to be busy and distracted all the time and people cut you some slack when you can't or won't or don't know how to do adult things like pay your taxes or do your laundry.

OK, time to go. Next time you hear from me, I hope to be all om-ed out and high on the astral plane and stuff. Later.

4 comments:

PamelaRiver said...

Sooooo jealous of your little retreat.

When you coming up to DC? I'm a little less spaced out and culture/shell shocked than I was in NY. I'm finally starting to get the hang of this city and find the diamonds in the rough.

Brooklyn said...

Have an amazing time and enjoy being away from the craziness of Dallas for a while!

Lord of the Barnyard said...

i like how you choose to live. or at least i like the story you tell of it.

Sarah said...

I adore you