Saturday, August 19, 2006

ka-ching

Last night was my favorite kind of night. The kind of night where I sit down at the bar for a second to catch my breath and hustle the cute bartender for a drink, and the guy next to me makes a comment about my hair -- yes, it's red. No, I'm not Irish. Well, not unless you want me to be -- and I make a crack back. He tells me I look like Scarlett Johansen which is a lie and next thing I know we are back in the Champagne Room and he's doing all the work selling himself on me -- my beauty, my charm, my razor-sharp wit, my psychic powers -- and handing me fistfuls of dead presidents. Aw, did you pick these yourself? They smell wonderful!

Added bonus, this trick is of reasonable good looks (for a 47-year-old with some ancient acne scarring), much education, and considerable charm. Time passes like swiftly flowing water, and at the end of the night I am considerably richer and he is promising to come and see me again and bring me his own copy of Memoirs of a Geisha, which I have not read.

1 comment:

Rocky Raccoon said...

I've never been a huge fan of going to strip clubs but I love having a little bit of insight on what goes on in those places.

The last time I was in one I think they could tell that I was completely uninterested in dances or anything so they always try the whole "down-to-earth" thing and just talk to me like they're out of character for a minutes. Maybe it's real, maybe it's not, but at least they're not asking me if I want a dance...

I really enjoy your blog...